Welcome to the openrouteservice backend documentation.
For any information on how to use the API provided by the openrouteservice, refer to the API playground and documentation.
For the latest changes to the openrouteservice, see the human-readable CHANGELOG.md in the main repo.
The fastest way to get to the info you are looking for is the search bar above. If that doesn’t work, the sidebar has you covered:
- Installation and Usage contains all info about setting up the ors locally, whether from docker or from source. It also contains info about configuring openrouteservice, IDE usage and more docker stuff
- Data contains info about the used data sets.
- Contributing contains info about contributing to the openrouteservice, the OpenStreetMap and translations
- Documentation contains all sorts of explanation about the internal workings of the openrouteservice.
- FAQ contains answers to frequently asked questions.
If you prefer a dark theme, click on the dark button next to the search bar.